• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

question about a possible cheat-COD4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenbean
    • Apr 2008

question about a possible cheat-COD4

recently I've noticed some players on COD4 are somehow able to instantly turn 90
  • FSUNOLE
    • Jan 2008

Re: question about a possible cheat-COD4

It could be an aimbot. Are you streaming to PBBans, PunksBusted & AON? If you are streaming to any of these they are good about catching changing to cvars, etc & banning accordingly. If you are not, I would highly suggest you do & if you need any help, please let me know. Do you have any Fraps of the player by chance? I have seen what you are talking about before on a COD 4 server & it was an aimbot. Anyone staff or officers have any other thoughts?

Comment

• greenbean
      • Apr 2008

I'll find out about the streaming and if the admins aren't, I'll help them too.  I know they check PBSS's everyday and it's a good group of ppl.  RsF Squad.

I have Fraps but forgot how to initiate it at the time... took a lot of useless ss's tho-lol.

Do you recommend full-screen capture?
      and how does one share it?  I have YouTube (quality) or I could host it myself for a couple of days (mega sized) or I think Xfire has started video which would be the best for me if it works.

BTW, glad to have you all back.  Thanks for the help, I'll let you know their status and the next time it happens i'll frap the person and ask their Admin to look into it.

Comment

• greenbean
        • Apr 2008

Yes, they do have PB streaming, or at least it was yesterday.

Does PB catch everyone who might be using a wall or aimbot cheat and kick them automatically?  
        Or does an admin sometimes have to review the logs (I saw this on one occasion when it finally took 10 ppl to complain about a player for the admin to say, 'Yes, I reviewed the PB logs and they were using something... banned"?  

Finally, despite all the anti-cheat components out there, do you recommend sometimes specing players to see if there are any irregularities?  It sounds like you do by asking about Fraps.

Here's what I'm worried about, some servers it seems like the ppl doing the cheating are the admins themselves.  I am considering a service that exposes clans whose members cheat to help keep honest players away from them.  But if you say that would be impossible, then I'll probably reconsider my strategy.

Thanks for the insight and any help you might give.   (BTW, i'm new to windows...a Mac user, so fraps is new too, as well as getting into the admin part of things).

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
          My Email is DEAD
          • Jan 2008

Just to mix into this small discussion,

About your question about the "amount of noticed cheaters ingame" at call of duty 4.

I can give you a very simple reply, the biggest problem for both AC Communitys and EvenBalance (PunkBuster) Are the so called "Game Hooks" which are the cheats that startup before the game is loaded.

Meaning, that the hack doesnt need to be activated by Cvar(s), there some other ways to do this.

which in there result throws the hole concept of most AntiCheat community out of the window, there nearly useless against non-cvar hacks because they dont got access to the clients PC.

PunkBuster does, but doesnt detect that many Private Hacks (if any at all). so that leaves us to PBSS which can be blocked if they want.

So you end up with nothing then your own skill, Admin skill.
          If you are playing on a other server then your own there isnt much you can do then contact a admin (if there botherd at all) if they are just ban, if not then there isnt much you can do.

Well there is,,,

Which is develop a new Anti-Cheat system, and i guess that the best thing that can happen.

Anyways, keep in mind.

A human needs seconds to indentifie / aim / shoot, a aimbot doenst, if its a aimbot with detect prevention (trying to look like a human) it is still able to see / shoot on targets that cant be seen by a human IE behind someone, above someone.

Also look for any preaim, mostly that tips me off.

Good luck!

Comment

• greenbean
            • Apr 2008

Yep, that's what I been thinking.  Thanks for verifying it for me.  We're going to block that hole one day!

Comment

• Crazy56
              • Jan 2008

[quote="greenbean";p="833":1q2ud55l]I'll find out about the streaming and if the admins aren't, I'll help them too.

Comment

• greenbean
                • Apr 2008

Edit: Post revised.

A guy named Core Killer has been recording cheaters on his server... this one is a person with a screen name is Vladvlar.  

http://www.xfire.com/video/261a/

Comment

• FSUNOLE
                  • Jan 2008

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
                    My Email is DEAD
                    • Jan 2008

incorrect post removed

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
                      My Email is DEAD
                      • Jan 2008

incorrect post removed

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
                        My Email is DEAD
                        • Jan 2008

incorrect post removed

Comment

• greenbean
                          • Apr 2008

Edit: no thanks!.... lol, jk

Comment

• UKCPirate
                            • Jan 2008

Doesn't anyone realise that if it says spectating at the top then thats what was happening. Also how would he be typing to his mate and moving in game at the sametime?

All hes done is record hackers, see the other vids on his xfire page, and post them up for others to see.

People need to seriously think before they go shouting their mouths off accusing innocent people.

THINK.

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
                              My Email is DEAD
                              • Jan 2008

@UKCPirate: Didnt even notice that but still i'm trying to find out why the TWL AC team is dead (atleast it looks like that)

People need to seriously think before they go shouting their mouths off accusing innocent people.
                              Nobody has been doing that in this topic, its just a discussion but i know where your coming from with that.

Though its intressting to see that this new private gamehook is getting distributed without any AC company/org taking it out.
                              I've seen the beta my self, and its very frightening to see that big amount of new cheats getting released without any detection yet.

EDIT:

Removed all related information about this clan.

Comment

Working...