X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scarlet
    My Email is DEAD
    • Jan 2008

Re: question about a possible cheat-COD4

I have been looking at a major deterant for the anti cheat comunity but not sure how it would be taken by gamers

I have been looking at how punkbuster works and an option that may be here for future developements and game patches is to use an alternative method completely.

Heres my idea..... .

As you are aware guids are created for most games. every player can have 2 codes linked to there name.
    Guid as normal
    but also somehow add your windows serial which would give you an alternative code linked to specific players just like the guid

If a player is caught hacking he can no longer just get a new cdkey or replace certain hardware. They would be banned linked to there windows serial.
    This would elimate a lot of cheaters as no one wants to pay out lots of money for windows serials as well as new game cdkeys

i believe that uping the penalties for cheats would reduce the numbers dramatically.

I dont quite know how this would fair but how many people would risk cheating if there new generated code which identifies your windows serial was banned.

If the game developers are working with punkbuster then that means they want to elimate cheats, so why not role back a little and start at the beginning by working with microsoft first.

The anti cheat developers can then have an application process to allow gamers to have there information unbanned, by selling a scanning software that would have to be activated using an obtained code from themselves (paying to get unbanned would hurt alot) . the scanner would have to be active and running prior to opening there game.

so that when there game opens it scans all the folders in the appropriate game and then once scan has completed it sends logs to the anti cheat developers and they can assess the logs,  they can then determine whether to issue an activation code which would remove you from the ban list

I am not saying it would elimate cheats completely but it would give cheat developers a harder task ( a big Headache)  and gamers a higher penalty if they happened to consider cheating.
    I realise that people would try to get round this but how much would it cost to get round it ?

Comment

• 19kilo
      • May 2008

I agree with you partly, If the cheater is computer savey then he can figure out how to get another copy of windows version off the internet somehow. Dont know if yall have looked but i can pull up about 100,000 sites on google offering cracked everything now. But like i said that would be a great idea in general. I think its crap that we as admins have to waste our time and server money to deal with these idiots but it will always be there. So maybe one day microsoft will come up with an idea about how to help with cheating and quit worrying about buying out other companies lol, but until that day then we have the police on our site.

Comment

• scarlet
        My Email is DEAD
        • Jan 2008

19 kilo there is a way to combat cracked versions of windows

if you have your cdkey linked to your windows serial then cracked versions of windows would duplicate the same game id number, which is the same as trying to play using the same cdkey twice. error message saying serial already in use

or at least that was my way of preventing cracked and copied windows being used..

I know this would hurt alot of people but if you look at it from a gamers point of view and a business point of view then its actually better.
        We get less cheaters in our servers and microsofts sales of genuine windows cds increase

everyone should be happier.... so it would pay to have microsoft involved in the gaming comunity.... also it would mean that to cevolpe cheats would cost more, which theorectically would increase the cost of a hack, therefore would you risk spending alot of money for a hack at the risk of it costing more money to get your serials and cdkeys unbanned

just an idea but hey lifes not that simple

and it ever happens to be developed then the above is copyright and i want my share of the money lol

microsoft and the gaming industry make enough money out of me, so i should get it back lololololololol

Comment

• 19kilo
          • May 2008

hey i totally agree there should be a way to stop it somehow, i just know that look at what novalogic did with black hawk down two weeks ago and it took ghost what a whole three hours to crack that. I was just saying these people have nothing better to do with there miserable lives than to make ours more miserable by hacking everything in site lol. Maybe one day someone will come up with the perfect plan until then us non cheaters have to just help each other out and pass the word on hackers to each other.

Comment

• greenbean
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by UKCPirate";p="
            Doesn't anyone realise that if it says spectating at the top then thats what was happening. Also how would he be typing to his mate and moving in game at the sametime?

All hes done is record hackers, see the other vids on his xfire page, and post them up for others to see.

People need to seriously think before they go shouting their mouths off accusing innocent people.

THINK.
            I did notice 'spectating' but 2 things threw me off... first was when I saw the video through xfire the title said "Hacks, by CKiller" not "Hacks, by Vladvlar".

2nd, when I did a search of Vladvlar nothing came up.  The name seems bogus.

Also, this was his first 'hack' post.  Now it is more obvious that he's recording other cheaters.

Last, I don't think i was shouting... just surprised by CK's xfire post that looked like he was bragging about 'his' hacks.  This is why I posted it here to get others opinions and I'm glad you caught it.  On the otherhand if I was waving a flag around with CKiller's name on it shouting 'hacker! hacker!... we'll, then I'd be guilty of 'shouting my head off accusing an innocent person'.  My attitude, keep your eyes open and get other peoples opinions.  Thanks for the catch.  Now, who's Vladvlar?

Comment

• greenbean
              • Apr 2008

BTW, i like your ideas scarlet... don't let my post stop you all from discussing the idea in this thread.  I'll just work around it.  lol.  For real!

Well, i found this too for CKiller.... http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/lordjames92/, I like the 142 kills and 12 deaths... not bad, hope I can get that good one day.

BTW, I'm on a mission: HackHunters which is ready for launch minus the forum (so not quite ready but your welcome to check it out and give me any feedback you have).

Comment

Working...