• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Some SS of hacking

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chiefboats
    My Email is DEAD
    • Feb 2008

Some SS of hacking

I received these from infinity.devils a while back.  Clearly shows a player using a "shadowing" hack and also a hack to remove all the office clutter from the back room on the Vacant map.

Server admins feel free to use this player name/guid to ban respectively.

.tsk.chief.usn

former CP badge 170 (Mohaa)
  • Flash
    My Email is DEAD
    • Dec 2007

Re: Some SS of hacking

Why do you think it's a hack?  I think it can all be explained by either a low end video card or some of the video settings turned down in the game.  When the settings are on low a lot of the small "clutter" things disappear.  There are quite a number of video card issues with cod4 that have come out.  Just be careful when you accuse someone of hacking or think it may be a hack.  Submit it to ppbans and/or punksbusted too as you will be able to get a number of opinions on whether or not the screenshot is a hack or not.

Comment

• scarlet
      My Email is DEAD
      • Dec 2007

the first 2 screenshots

these are not a hack it is a nvidia graphics glitch.
      i have seen this screen shot many times previously

If you remember cod2 graphics issues you will remember that when there was a graphics driver problem the colours appeared to be multicolored around your character and black spear like lines appeared through buildings,

Comment

• Ivana
        • Feb 2008

The first two are either a glitch with the 7 series vid card and drivers need to be updated or they are using the dko5 config

Comment

• scarlet
          My Email is DEAD
          • Dec 2007

Ivana thanks for posting that information
          i have edited your post to remove the provided link. whilst i think you have a valid point i have removed the link for obvious reasons.

mainly as we dont want to advertise that link in open chat areas that could be misused to obtain an unfair advantage.

again accept my apologies for the link removal

i agree totally that the posibility of this config being used is 50/50 whilst is not listed as a cheat i do feel that this could give unfair advantages to those that use it and can be misused for the purpose it was intended for.

The config in question which i have removed was to obtain a higher fps by removing details but does clearly leave shadowing as seen in the first 2 screen shots although verifying the difference between out of date drivers and this config seems difficult

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
            My Email is DEAD
            • Jan 2008

Seems like the 2 screenshots are a config change, but indeed i doubt about the 3th, its NOT a hack but a real bad config glitch. EB should take this changes as a cheat and kick for it straight away, but it seems that they arnt included into the protected CVAR list.

My decision as server admin would be, a ban for this player as this 3th screenshot works like a wallhack.
            Also all screenshots give a unfair advantage so are classed as a cheat.

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
              My Email is DEAD
              • Jan 2008

Just a update,

We just sended in all information about this cvar/config glitch to Even Balance Inc.
              Should get some reply later this week, lets hope they block these by cvar checks.

Will keep you updated on this matter,

Comment

• AR-BlackHawk
                My Email is DEAD
                • Jan 2008

Reaction from EB:

We'll evaluate these changes and take any appropriate actions.  Thanks
                for sending them in.

Comment

• Ivana
                  • Feb 2008

All honestly I think server admins should see the information, regarding hacks so they know what to look for and what people are doing.

Right now its not considered a hack by the PB, because its a config edit. and its up to server admin discretion.

PBBans has this imformation listed for server admins, you should put it in your private forums then.

Bashandslash is  a major CoD site and not a hack site, I think people are coming here to look how to help police their server, not to find hacks.

Comment

• scarlet
                    My Email is DEAD
                    • Dec 2007

whilst i agree again ivana there is a known small section of the community that regularly check sites like ours to see what info they can get hold of, to ensure they stay one step ahead of us.

the link was removed and is posted in another section of the site away from the general public

Comment

Working...