• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I started The Cheat Police in 2002

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Complex_Retribution
    • Apr 2008

I started The Cheat Police in 2002

After 6 years it's good to see that The Cheat Police is still going. I started this site back in 2002 by buying the domain a name and throwing a Nuke site up and I ran it for the first three years until handing it on to Sgt D in 2005.  I still drop by from time to time to see how things are going.

Back then I appointed the first CP staff members from people I met whilst playing MOHAA and who held the same views on cheating as me. I advertised the site by giving out the URL whilst chatting during play. Within six months the CP had 11,000 members and we made a huge impact on in game cheating becoming the No1 anti cheat site on the net. We were instrumental in many things, not least of which was lobbying software companies to include Punk Buster which was also met with great success.

It is good to see that, 6 years on, The Cheat Police is still here and is still doing what it was originally set up to do, albeit with new staff that are unknown to me. I wish you all much success and would say that being able to play a cheat free game against other like minded people who are skillful and do not need to cheat is a goal that is still very close to my heart - respect to you all and the greatest of luck.
  • GeneralMayhem
    • Feb 2008

Re: I started The Cheat Police in 2002

O....M...G !!!!

Can someone please pinch me because I must be dreaming  8O

Complex how are you doing, ya old git?!  :lol:
    I came across the good ol' mohaasite.com a few months ago ... I sure miss those days  

I'm glad to finally hear something from you m8, I hope all goes well?

Comment

• Complex_Retribution
      • Apr 2008

GM - it's really good to see at least one of the old team still here. I miss those days too dude, we really made a difference didn't we

I've PM'd you my email address matey

Comment

• 7thfdeva
        • Jan 2008

thanks Complex, you certainly started a good thing!  It's always nice to see things carry on!

Comment

• GeneralMayhem
          • Feb 2008

For all of you who never heard of mohaasite.com (a lot probably ), have a look here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200301090618 ... asite.com/

Mohaasite.com was a website where Complex had a little ladder of best scores on MOHAA. It was invite-only and you got points for high scores, marksmanship, etc.

After a while all of us would roam the servers togethers to have a good time and watch out for cheats. Complex was a shottywhore back then and I would snipe his ass to the ground. If we were in a clan we would have made an excellent team imho

A lot of those players became the first Officers or Council Members of CP (PoD, Lebowski, Camthalion, Killroy, Armo, yours truly and a few others).

And the rest is history

Comment

• Crazy56
            • Jan 2008

I recall that site from the old MOHAA days, although I don't remember Complex.  But I am VERY thankful he had the forethought to start this website.  And yes, this was the absolute place to be when there was no such thing as PB included in any game.  I was tickled pink when I came here and found so many people felt the same way about cheats and cheaters as I did and still do.  So thank you Complex, from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

• greenbean
              • Apr 2008

whew, I was wondering if anyone was going to acknowledge Complex and say thanks....  I was beginning to wonder if he really was the founder.  LOL    

(custom avatar? imho so all who see it can bow, lol)

Taking all those 'steps forward' to make this a possibility, and to see it still in action is a great testament to your vision and  hard work (and to those who joined in with the same spirit and optimism).  Thanks.  

greenbean

PS: Blackhawk I got your PM but I'm not sure my PM's are getting through, can you verify please and thanks for the offer of help, also I sent one you Complex to say thanks.

Comment

• supomojo
                • Jan 2008

wow, the great one returns. greetz old friend and CP master.

Comment

• Mapmstr
                  • Dec 2007

Thanks very much for the good wishes, and thank you for starting CP in the first place.

We hope to carry it's good name for years to come

Comment

• Complex_Retribution
                    • Apr 2008

[quote="GeneralMayhem";p="857":23qxd15l] A lot of those players became the first Officers or Council Members of CP (PoD, Lebowski, Camthalion, Killroy, Armo, yours truly and a few others). And the rest is history

Comment

• MCSgtD
                      Deputy Chief
                      • Jan 2008

Always good to hear from you Complex.  GM has sure you went swimming at the  CP Retirement  resort in Aruba and got eaten by sharks.  I assured him no shark in his right mind could stand eating a tough old bird like yourself!

Hope life has been treating you well mate!
                      Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
                      [MC] Gamers

Comment

• Fore
                        My Email is DEAD
                        • Feb 2008

nice to see the one that started it all

Comment

• Complex_Retribution
                          • Apr 2008

[quote="MCSgtD";p="1249":qvjvvbpk]Always good to hear from you Complex.

Comment

• Blaze
                            • Feb 2008

I must admit, the initiatve you took back than was really impressive.
                            Most people wuld've thought: bah cheaters again..but apparently you wanted to do more and started the cheat police.. I would say, good job mate

I hope the cheat police will be kept running as long as there are cheaters...

cheers
                            Admin Request Networks!
                            !AR!Blaze, Bart - Chief Marketing Officer .

Comment

Working...