• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Signature Bars used on Forums. QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature Bars used on Forums. QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

[align=center]Signature-Bar Secrets Released![/align]

Have you ever wondered where people get those really eye-catching sig bars on the bottom of their forum posts? If so, then read on to find out where!

Most people are probably now thinking that they can only be produced on Photoshop or similar programme's but they'd be wrong. Earlier in the week, I was looking for atleast a good 30 minutes on forums & on the net trying to find out if there was an actual online programme which lets you create them and the answer is YES!

It allows you to create some great sig bars and also has a feature which allows you to create one sig-bar that changes the picture it shows every few seconds with all your pieces of art in one bar!

The website is http://designer.userbars.com/ and it's completely clean of viruses and other harmful computer attackers'. There is no download necessary and it's completely free unless you wish to become a premium user.

For a tutorial on how to work it, or just general questions about the creator, PM me or post below. Take a look at the bottom of my post to see a few I created.

Xp!.3p!cF4iL?
  • greenbean
    • Apr 2008

Re: Signature Bars used on Forums. QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

Thanks for the info...

ahh, actually I made our bars in photoshop, but your examples are much better.  ours isn't bad, is it?

Comment

Not bad at all mate, I suppose Photoshop would probably be the best for creating the bars however not everyone has photoshop and even then it can be quite confusing or difficult when creating the scrolling adjustments or adding in more than 1 piece of work into a bar.

Comment

• greenbean
        • Apr 2008

I agree Stanov,

I checked out that site, it's really great.  They have an archive for Games with hundreds, maybe thousands of examples anyone can use, so you could grab a few you like and create an animation of them.

That is, except ours, especially one that says ADMIN on it!  might confuse people to thinking that someone else is an Admin of HackHunters.  Which brings up a question, how does one protect their bar from getting copied by anyone?

Anyway, that site is really great, thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm really not sure mate, and I was'nt trying to steal it lol or show it in any way in which people thought I was a member of -HH- I was merely showing an example of a decent bar. I'm not too sure how you could prevent people from doing so, but maybe adding a link to the users I.D via -HH- would help out some way? Any one have any suggestions?

Comment

• DeadSnipe
            Deputy Chief
            • Feb 2008

I know an HTML code that you could put on the page that holds the userbar image so no one can right-click and save it. But idk if your page will allow the HTML code since it's probably PHP based. Even if you show it in your forum signature on other sites, it will give an error if someone (even you) right clicks and tries to save it.
            Play right, play fair... the way it's meant to be!

Comment

Sounds like a pritty decent idea tbh, can you send me it or post and i'll try it out.

Comment

• greenbean
                • Apr 2008

we have both html and php, so yeah, lets give it a go and thanks for the suggestion... perfect idea to protect it.  thanks DeadSnipe.

Comment

• DeadSnipe
                  Deputy Chief
                  • Feb 2008

PM sent to both of you guys. I was going to paste it here but some of the code wouldnt come out. Guess the site saw some of it as cautious and didn't like it. Thinks it's a hack code or something.

Comment

• General_UXO
                    Chief Of Police
                    • Dec 2007

Hey snipe, if you wrap it in  the code tags and then check Disable HTML in this post and Disable Smilies in this post, then it should go through.
                    www.GGC-stream.net

Comment

• DeadSnipe
                      Deputy Chief
                      • Feb 2008

Wrapped it in [code] format but forgot to check disable html. Thanks for the reminder. I'll do that next time.

Comment

Seems to work fine for me mate thanks alot. I'll start making clan sig bars for the clan later today and I'll keep what's been said in mine . GJ guys.

Comment

Working...