• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

playermp downloading ????? (POLL)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MCSgtD
    Deputy Chief
    • Jan 2008

Re: playermp downloading ????? (POLL)

Good point and I agree to a certain degree with you.  A person just sitting on a server doing nothing to pad their stats is hurting everyone else on their team by not helping in the match.  Someone just sitting there to pad their stats is easy enough to see which is not the case for someone who uses someone elses data file.  As I mentioned, using someone elses data file would not be an honorable thing to do.

As for backing up their data file, as any IT professional knows there are any number of things we "should" do when it comes to computers...but we never do them.  Also keep in mind that it is not always easy to teach a 7 year old to back up their data file....or even a 30 year old for that matter.  Do not assume that everyone else is as accomplished with computers as you and I are.

If there is no foolproof way to detect when someone has used another persons data file then it becomes a "He said, she said" situation.  Without proof to backup a claim there is little that can be done.  Even if I as a player say that I used someone elses file and then turn around and say I was just joking it would not be right to accept me saying I did and not accept me saying I didn't....if you know what I mean.  There has to be some form of proof or it is just heresay in which case the real question is "Would you as an admin ban a player based strictly off of heresay?"
    Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
    [MC] Gamers

Comment

• ={CTG}=Dan
      My Email is DEAD
      • Jan 2008

Re: playermp downloading ????? (POLL)

Pressed the wrong button, was supposed to press yes  :P
      People do this for many reasons, if somet goes wrong with ur game and you have to reinstall u lose your rank and have to start from square 1 again and some people just do it because they dont know how to have fun.

Gaining your level is the fun part of the game, its a challenge, im level 33 atm  :P

Comment

Working...